Saturday, February 24, 2007

Google Stuff

I love Google's Stuff. Here are some things that you may not have known about previously, but I would highly recommend.

  • Google Calendar Tons of features with this one. I have my wife's calendar shared with mine, and I get notifications via e-mail and on my phone.
  • Google Reader (much better than bloglines or any of the others, if you ask me)
  • Google Docs and Spreadsheets Almost all of the same functionality as Word and Excel. Probably not quite as extensive, but it has almost everything that I would use, plus more. For example, you can publish your documents to the web or share them with multiple users.
  • Gmail I don't think that I have received more than 10 spam messages in the past 2 years that I have been using Gmail. Their spam filters are amazing. Their are tons of other features that Gmail has that I haven't seen in any other e-mail before, so you should try it out if you haven't used it before.
  • Google Talk Not as flashy as some of the other IM's out there, but I really like it, and it is getting better all of the time.
  • Google Personalized Homepage You can put almost anything that you can imagine on the personalized homepage.
  • Google Video Even though Google bought YouTube, I still like Google's version better.
  • Google Notebook This is a new one, but I am getting used to it. I just installed a firefox extension that puts the notebook down at the bottom of the page.
  • Blogger I don't care what anyone else says, I like blogger better than any of the other blog hosts out there.
  • Google Gadgets Here are some gadgets that you can put on any web page.
  • Google Toolbar I really love the Google tool bar. You can get it for firefox or ie. My favorite aspect is the bookmarks. It doesn't matter what computer I am at, I have the same bookmarks.
  • Google Maps Also a favorite. When I was a truck driver, I would normally use mapquest, but I had to switch over to Google Maps because I kept entering addresses that mapquest didn't recognize, but Google would. If you really like that, you should check out Google Earth, then just for fun Google Mars and Google Moon.
There is a ton of other stuff that Google does, you should check out their Google labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought of your own.